Test Bank for Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th Edition by Cairo
- Reviews (0)
This is completed downloadable of Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition by
Instant download Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition by
Learn everything you need to safely and compassionately care for patients requiring ventilator support with Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications, 6th Edition. Known for its simple explanations and in-depth coverage of patient-ventilator management, this evidence-based text walks readers through the most fundamental and advanced concepts surrounding mechanical ventilation and guides them in properly applying these principles to patient care. This new edition features a completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics, additional case studies and clinical scenarios, plus all the reader-friendly features that promote critical thinking and clinical application ― like key points, AARC clinical practice guidelines, and critical care concepts ― that have helped make this text a household name among respiratory care professionals.
- UNIQUE! Chapter on ventilator associated pneumonia provides in-depth, comprehensive coverage of this challenging issue.
- Brief patient case studies list important assessment data and pose a critical thinking question to readers.
- Critical Care Concepts are presented in short questions to engage readers in applying knowledge to difficult concepts.
- Clinical scenarios cover patient presentation, assessment data, and treatment options to acquaint readers with different clinical situations.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions at the end of each chapter offer practice for the certification exam.
- Key Point boxes highlight need-to-know information.
- Logical chapter sequence builds on previously learned concepts and information.
- Bulleted end-of-chapter summaries help readers to review and assess their comprehension.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) make it easy to access important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, assessment of outcome, and monitoring.
- Chapter outlines show the big picture of each chapter’s content.
- Glossary of mechanical ventilation terminology includes definitions to highlighted key terms in each chapter.
- NEW! Completely revised chapter on ventilator graphics offers a more practical explanation of ventilator graphics and what readers need to know when looking at abnormal graphics.
- NEW! Additional case studies and clinical scenarios cover real-life scenarios that highlight the current trends in pathologies in respiratory care.
Table of Content:
Part I: Basic Concepts and Core Knowledge in Mechanical Ventilation
1. Oxygenation and Acid-Base Evaluation
2. Basic Terms and Concepts of Mechanical Ventilation
3. How Ventilators Work
4. How a Breath Is Delivered
Part II: Initiating Ventilation
5. Establishing the Need for Mechanical Ventilation
6. Selecting the Ventilator and the Mode
7. Initial Ventilator Settings
8. Final Considerations in Ventilator Setup
Part III: Monitoring in Mechanical Ventilation
9. Initial Patient Assessment
10. Ventilator Graphics
11. Noninvasive Monitoring of Mechanically-Ventilated Patients
12. Hemodynamic Monitoring
Part IV: Therapeutic Interventions – Making Appropriate Changes
13. Methods to Improve Ventilation and Other Techniques in Patient-Ventilator Management
14. Improving Oxygenation, Review of ARDS, and Lung Recruitment Maneuvers
15. Frequently Used Pharmacologic Agents in Ventilated Patients: Sedatives, Analgesics and Paralytics
Part V: Effects and Complications of Mechanical Ventilation
16. Cardiovascular and Organ System Effects and Complications of Mechanical Ventilation
17. Effects of Positive Pressure Ventilation on the Pulmonary System
18. Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting
Part VI: Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
19. Basic Concepts of Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
Part VII: Discontinuation from Ventilation and Long-Term Ventilation
20. Weaning and Discontinuation
21. Long-Term Ventilation!
Part VIII: Special Applications of Mechanical Ventilation
22. Neonatal and Pediatric Ventilation
23. Special Techniques in Ventilatory Support
People Also Search:
Test Bank for Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition by Cairo online
Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition ebook Test Bank
Test Bank for Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition by Cairo online free
Pilbeams Mechanical Ventilation Physiological and Clinical Applications 6th edition by Cairo download free Test Bank